We are so excited to journey through Lent with you. This year we are pleased to offer 2 unique versions of Lent in a Box. Both versions will be another great downloadable resource for your church filled with activities and devotions to help your families journey through Lent together.
**Please note that Lent in a Box was not designed for the situation we currently find ourselves in with churches not being able to physically meet. Lent in a Box was created to help families journey toward Easter with the assumption that families would be participating with the gifting church for Holy Week and Easter celebrations. If you are looking specifically for at home Holy Week or Easter activities, please do not purchase.
If your church used Lent in a Box in 2019, you will want to purchase 2020 Lent in a Box. Otherwise, both editions are filled with interactive, all-age activities to help families grown together this Lent.
With this downloadable resource, your church will create pizza boxes filled with all-age devotions and activities to distribute to families to help them observe Lent at home. Everything a family needs to do the activities will be in the box (aside from normal household supplies like markers and tape). We have created the devotions and activities for you. You will need to print the materials, buy the supplies, and pack your boxes. The cost to buy the needed supplies to complete the boxes will be under $4 per box. Since supplies are purchased in bulk, the price will vary depending on how many boxes you are making.
2020 Lent in a Box Scope and Sequence – Each week includes a Hands on Activity, an Interactive Prayer Activity and an Encounter with Jesus Devotion. The activities and devotions are based on Lectionary Year A Scripture passages.
- Week 1, February 23 – Preparing for Lent, Burying the Alleluia (Psalm 141:3)
- Week 2, March 1 – Matthew 4:1-11
- Week 3, March 8 – Genesis 12 and 15 Interactive Prayer Activity Sample
- Week 4, March 15 – John 4:5-42 Hands on Activity Sample
- Week 5, March 22 – 1 Samuel 16:1-13, John 9 Encounters with Jesus Sample
- Week 6, March 29 – John 11:1-45 Scripture Sample
- Week 7, April 5 – John 20:1-18
Lent in a Box Edition 1 Scope, Sequence and Samples Each week includes a Hands on Activity, an Interactive Prayer Activity and a Hero of the Faith Devotion. The activities and devotions are based on Lectionary Year C Scripture passages.
- February 23 – Preparing for Lent, Burying the Alleluia (Ephesians 4:29, James 1:19, Psalm 141:3) Sample
- March 1 – Lent 1, Temptation (Luke 4:1-13) Sample
- March 8 – Lent 2, Perseverance (2 Corinthians 11:24-27 and 4:7-8) Sample
- March 15 – Lent 3, Repentance (Romans 7:15-25, Psalm 139:23-24) Sample
- March 22 – Lent 4, Mercy (Lamentations 3:22-23, Hebrews 4:15-16) Sample
- March 29 – Lent 5, Hearing the Call (John13) Sample
- April 5 – Holy Week (Matthew 28:1-8, Matthew 27:29) Sample
What they’re saying…
[testimonials_slider tags=show random=true]